This workshop is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886814760-4653) for 6 Category I CEUs
Only 15 seats available!
In this 1-day business development workshop, you will acquire the knowledge and tools needed to build and operate a client-centered business that combats oppression, poverty and other forms of social injustices. Through thought-provoking dialogue and interactive exercises, you will walk away with a better understanding of how to serve clients’ needs above personal interest, get better compensation through multiple service delivery methods, and more importantly learn how to successfully uphold the social work core values as a social worker in business.
At the end of the conference, participants will be able to:
- Define “Clients” and explain the importance of challenging social injustices that threaten humanity.
- Describe client-centered and service-based business structures and innovative strategies to reach and serve oppressed and vulnerable clients.
- Identify ethical considerations regarding payment for services: Cash vs. Insurance.
- Articulate how to increase client access to services and get better pay beyond private practice.
- Explain how to use Tele-therapy to expand services to veterans and other high-risk populations.
- Advocate on behalf of clients by facilitating organizational assessments and responsiveness to their needs and social problems.
Workshop Date and Location:
Sunday, April 5, 2020
8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Perfect Office Solutions, LLC
8101 Sandy Spring Rd, Suite 250
Laurel, MD 20707